Friday, August 15, 2008

I LOVE Summer Olympics!

GYMNASTICS

BEIJING, Aug. 15, 2008 - Nastia Liukin of Parker, Texas, and Shawn Johnson of West Des Moines, Iowa, won the gold and silver medals, respectively, at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China, becoming the first U.S. women to go 1-2 in the all-around at an Olympic Games. Liukin joins Mary Lou Retton (1984) and Carly Patterson (2004) as the only U.S. women’s gymnasts to win an Olympic all-around title.
(www.usa-gymnastics.org)



I am so proud of our American Gymnasts! I love watching the summer olympics because this is the time when Gymnastics can SHINE! For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE fan of any kind of gymnastics. I grew up with it, competed in it, and I am now coaching it! I know the hard work these girls have put into the many years and many many hours of practice! I remember back to all the hard and challenging times I had in my years of being a gymnast, and as I watched these girls I couldn't help but feel a great feeling of accomplishment for them! Great Job Girls!

No comments: